THE VARIOUS PHASES AND ENCOUNTERS WITH TRANSITIONAL LIFE: Evaluating and Understanding each Experience in a Lifetime (Impreso)
Seeking continuous improvement and ways to make an impact on society, Dr. Luis decided to further his academic career. He started his masters from the Autonomous University of Mexico. This greatly helped him in understanding how the society behaved and he developed a clear concept of in which direction he wished his career to head in. Since excellence has no boundaries, which inspired this great man to go beyond the mere boundaries of a master’s degree. He went further to earn not one, but two PhD’s in Psychology and Urbanism from the world-renowned States of New York and California. This enlightened
him to fight for the right s of those who were unable to do so for themselves or were unaware of even having actual rights.
To highlights some of the achievements of Dr. Luis Antonio Rivera:
· Remained the mayor of the Municipal of Comerío in Puerto Rico from 1993 to 2000.
· Held a professional oce in Puerto Rico.
· A capable and acknowledged university professor.
· Licensed as a Professional Planner in Puerto Rico and certified in the United States.
· A writer of various books on topics pertaining to economics, health, self-help, politics, and Urban planning.
· Has been honored in various TV and Radio programs in Puerto Rico and the United States.
He is known as “The defender of equality of Puerto Rico” through the ideal of Statehood. Other than that, there is still much more to be said about the personality of this great man. Dr. Luis has been involved in numerous public service subjects such as:
· The issue of public education and reforms it needs right now.
· Fighting for the rights of special needs and how it has to be supported, highlighted, and promoted.
· The development of poor communities by providing them with equal opportunities in terms of education and jobs, and other fields of life.
· Especially in the domain of equal rights for women. Dr. Luis has put a lot of efforts in this eld and worked as an advocate for equal rights of women in Puerto Rico and outside as well.
· Dr. Luis has also dedicated a lot of efforts towards ensuring the fulfillment of services that people with physical disabilities and special needs are entitled to.
Throughout his life, Dr. Luis Antonio Rivera has been fighting for the right of those who couldn’t do it themselves. From being activist for people with special needs, Dr. Luis Rivera has dedicated his life for others, to be the voice of justice and reason, when there is no other.